For each question there are three pictures and a short recording.
Choose the correct picture and put a tick (✓) in the box below it
Example: Which musical instrument will the man buy?
1. At what time will the art gallery open this weekend?
2. What will the woman order for lunch?
3. Where did the man find the handbag?
4. How did the man get to his office yesterday?
5. What piece of furniture do they decide to buy first?
6. What will they do on Saturday afternoon?
7. What’s the weather like at the seaside today?
Keys 1C, 2B, 3A, 4B, 5C, 6C, 7B
You will hear a man called Patrick Simmons talking on the radio about his career as a chef.
For each question, put a tick (✓) in the correct box.
1. Patrick accepted his first job as a chef because
A his mother wanted him to do it.
B it would help him in his studies.
C he had to earn some money
2. What did Patrick dislike about his job at the hotel?
A The menu seldom changed.
B The manager was unfriendly.
C The working hours were long
3. What does Patrick say about his Italian restaurant job?
A Other Italian restaurants copied his recipes.
В He managed to reduce costs for the owner.
С The restaurant’s owner created some menus.
4. Patrick thinks that his best recipes are for
5. According to Patrick, what are chefs often unable to do?
A listen to others
В create original dishes
С use the latest technology
6. What does Patrick advise students to do?
A to look for a part-time job
В to concentrate only on their studies
С to talk to experienced chefs
Keys 8B, 9A, 10B, 11C, 12A, 13C